Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tackles the challenges that women face in the workplace generally and in the public sector particularly. While Women and Public Service spends time identifying and describing the problems that women faced in the past, it pays special attention to identifying possible remedies to these problems, and also surveys progress made in recent decades. The authors present the challenge of accommodating women in public sector organisations as both a fairness issue and also a human resources matter, as a fundamental prerequisite for recruiting the best and brightest talent. Key content coverage:* The representation of women in public organisations, including occupational, agency and position level segregation* Issues of pay equity--legislation, equal worth measures, and the serious links between the issue of representation and equal pay* Special issues facing women in their workplace, including institutional climate, workplace violence, sexual harassment, social costs of career progression, and family-friendly policies.
- Author Biography<strong>Mohamad G. Alkadry</strong>, Florida International University, USA.<br><br><strong>Leslie E. Tower</strong>, West Virginia University, USA.
- Author(s)Leslie E. Tower,Mohamad G. Alkadry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationArmonk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM.E. Sharpe
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.