All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionRecent inquiries into the concept of the gift have been largely male-dominated and thus have igred important aspects of the gift from a woman's point of view. In the light of philosophical work by Mauss, Levi-Strauss, Derrida, and Bataille, Women and the Gift reflects how women respond to the tion of the gift and relationships of giving. This collection evaluates and critiques previous work on the gift and also responds to how women view care, fidelity, generosity, trust, and independence in light of the gift.
- Author BiographyMorny Joy is University Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Calgary, Canada. She is editor of Continental Philosophy and Philosophy of Religion and After Appropriation: Explorations in Intercultural Philosophy and Religion.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight341 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMorny Joy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.