Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Based on diaries, letters, and mission correspondence, Women and the White Man's God is the first comprehensive examination of women's roles in domestic Anglican missions in rthern British Columbia, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories. The status of women in the Anglican Church, gender relations in the mission field, and encounters between Aboriginals and missionaries are carefully scrutinized. Arguing that the mission encounter challenged colonial hierarchies, Rutherdale expands our understanding of colonization at the intersection of gender, race, and religion.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Myra Rutherdale completed her PhD at York University and teaches Women's Studies and History at Simon Fraser University and at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Myra Rutherdale
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note20 photographs
- Weight472 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.