All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionDelving into discourse traditionally silenced by the Catholic hierarchy, this edited collection observes the ways in which patriarchal structures often hinder women's advancement within Catholic institutions of higher learning. The contributors describe their own conflicts and successes in their attempts to negotiate their academic careers and personal lives in the context of the clash between secular and Catholic patriarchal values. The contributors suggest concrete steps toward social justice for women who teach and work in Catholic higher education.
- Author BiographySharlene Hesse-Biber, Professor of Sociology at Boston College, is the Founder and Director of the National Association of Women in Catholic Higher Education (NAWCHE). Denise Leckenby is a teaching fellow at Boston College and has worked for NAWCHE.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight417 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDenise Leckenby,Sharlene Hesse-Biber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.