Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the gendered nature of leadership and management. The contributors analyse issues such as management development and therapeutic cultures, expectations placed on women in the workplace, managing maternity and the gendered nature of workplace mistakes. The position of women in various sectors and areas of the politico-ecomic landscape is also considered - topics discussed include: * women in the boardroom * women in the small to medium size enterprise sector * support for female entrepreneurs * gender in the public sector * gender and the management of the European Commission. The book concludes by stating the business case for greater female representation in leadership and management, outlining some of the nuances in changing gender identities, and positioning the content within current macro political developments. As such, it will strongly appeal to academics and researchers in gender studies, policy studies, social science, business and management. Practitioners and consultants in the equal opportunities field will also find much to interest them in this book.
- Author BiographyEdited by Duncan McTavish, Senior Lecturer and Karen Johnston, Professor of Organisational Studies, Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2006
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Management Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byDuncan McTavish,Karen Johnston Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.