All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionWomen the world over are being prevented from engaging in politics. Women's political leadership of any sort is a rarity and a career in politics rarer still. We have, however, begun to understand what it takes to create an enabling environment for women's political participation. In this exciting and pioneering collection, writers from Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East are brought together for the first time to talk explicitly about women's participation in the political scene across the global South. Answering such questions as how women can get political apprenticeship opportunities, how these opportunities translate into the pursuit of a political career, and how these pursuits then influence the kind of political platform women advocate once in power, Women in Politics is essential reading for anyone interested in what it means to engage politically.
- Author BiographyMariz Tadros is a research fellow at the Institute of Development Studies in the UK. She was formerly a professor of political science at the American University in Cairo and worked for almost ten years as a journalist for Al-Ahram Weekly newspaper. Her most recent publications are Copts at the Crossroads: The Struggle for Inclusive Democracy in Egypt (2013), The Muslim Brotherhood in Contemporary Egypt: Democracy Redefined or Confined? (2012), and two recent IDS Bulletins: The Pulse of Egypt's Revolt (January 2012) and Religion, Gender and Rights at the Crossroads (January 2011). She works on democratization in the Middle East, religion and development, the politics of gender and development, and Islamist political movements in the Middle East. Her work has featured in The Guardian, Opendemocracy and Middle East Report.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleFeminisms and Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight626 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Edited byMariz Tadros
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.