All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeared toward women who are considering getting into tech, or those already in a tech job who want to take their career to the next level, this book combines practical career advice and inspiring personal stories from successful female tech professionals Brianna Wu (founder, Giant Spacekat), Angie Chang (founder, Women 2.0), Keren Elazari (TED speaker and cybersecurity expert), Katie Cunningham (Python educator and developer), Miah Johnson (senior systems administrator), Kristin Toth Smith (tech executive and inventor), and Kamilah Taylor (mobile and social developer). <p/> Written by a female startup CEO and featuring a host of other successful contributors, this book will help dismantle the unconscious social bias against women in the tech industry. Readers will learn: <p/>- The secrets of salary negotiation - The best format for tech resumes - How to ace a tech interview - The perks of both contracting (W-9) and salaried full-time work - The secrets of mentorship - How to start your own company - And much more <p/>Bonus content: Perfect for its audience of hackers and coders, the book contains puzzles and code, created as love letters to women in the tech industry. A distinguished anymous contributor created the Python code for the cover of the book (ghosted in gloss on the hardcover jacket, and also printed on one of the first pages). It references the mother of computer science, Ada Lovelace. Run the code to see what it does! Mike Selinker and Gaby Weidling of Lone Shark Games, and cryptographer and DefCon puzzle master Ryan LostboY Clarke created an easter egg of puzzles throughout the book - readers who decipher the puzzles get a prize from the author!
- Author BiographyTarah Wheeler Van Vlack, BA, MS, CSM, CSD is CEO and cofounder of Fizzmint, has led projects at Microsoft Game Studios, and founded Red Queen Technologies, Infosec Unlocked, and Hack The People Foundation.
- Author(s)Tarah Wheeler
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.