Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of the twentieth century, the rapid transformation of Italy from an impoverished, predominantly agricultural nation to one of the strongest ecomies in the world forged a fascinating and contradictory society where gender relations were a particular mix of modernity and tradition. In this accessible and invative study, Perry Willson provides a nuanced and insightful analysis of the impact of social, political, ecomic and cultural developments on Italian women's lives. She also explores how women were affected by, and how they themselves helped shape, key historical events such as the rise of Fascism, the two world wars, the 'ecomic miracle' of the post-war years and the cultural and political upheavals of the 1970s. Women in Twentieth Century Italy is the first book-length overview of Italian women's experience during this period of intense and dramatic change. Drawing on the latest historiography in the field and written in a lively and engaging manner, it is essential reading for anyone with an interest in Italy's recent past.
- Author BiographyPERRY WILLSON is Professor of Modern European History at the University of Dundee, UK. Her previous publications include The Clockwork Factory: Women and Work in Fascist Italy (1993) and Peasant Women and Politics in Fascist Italy: the Massaie Rurali (2002).
- Author(s)Perry R. Willson
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication07/12/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGender and History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.