All listings for this product
About this product
- Description[Women in the Civil Rights Movement] helps break the gender line that restricted women in civil rights history to background and backstage roles, and places them in front, behind, and in the middle of the Southern movement that re-made America...It is an invaluable resource which helps set history straight. -Julian Bond ...remains one of the best single sources currently available on the unique contributions of Black women in the desegregation movement. -Manning Marable Rewrites the history of the civil rights movement, recognizing the contributions of Black women.
- Author BiographyVICKI L. CRAWFORD is Assistant Professor in the Department of English at Morehouse College. JACQUELINE ANNE ROUSE, Associate Professor at Morehouse College and Assistant Editor of the Journal of Negro History, is the author of Lugenia Burns Hope: Black Southern Reformer. BARBARA WOODS is Chair of the Department of History, Philosophy, and Religion at Hampton University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1993
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleBlacks in the Diaspora
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note20 b&w photos
- Weight454 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byBarbara Woods,Jacqueline Anne Rouse,Vicki L. Crawford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.