Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $97.24Trending at AU $97.43
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.55
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.12
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.70
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1865, Luton in Bedfordshire is famous for manufacturing straw boaters worn everywhere, although times and fashions are changing. Kate Devlin, the eldest of three children, helps her mother, Rose,run the Devlin plait-school at 10 Plaiters Way. The plait produced there is sold to the Stratton Hat Company, and Kate's ambition is to become a hat-maker. Kate is befriended by her brother's employer who has recently purchased Heaven Scent lavender farm. She likes this hardworking young man, and he in turn admires her and it is t long before he declares his love - a love Kate does t return. A family tragedy changes Kate's life, and with the help of the Stratton Hat Company she sets to achieve her ambition, but her journey finds her confused, infatuated and ultimately frightened for her sister's life. Ambition to be the best hat-maker in Luton and the chance of true love are pitted against each other - Which will succeed and will Kate achieve both?
- Author BiographyCarole Llewellyn previously worked in PR and in theater before becoming a successful businesswoman. She has written a variety of short stories for national magazines and newspapers, including the Daily Telegraph and Woman s Weekly, and is now a full-time writer. She is the author of Megan and Rhiannon.
- Author(s)Carole Llewellyn
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementAlabama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.