Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionWOMEN OF A CERTAIN AGE is an 80,000 word version of what goes on in a retirement village in South Florida as seen through the eyes of four senior women. Though this is a work of fiction, many of the situations depicted were real. The authors may have exaggerated these events but they do represent actual incidents that took place in senior communities. Written in an anecdotal style, this vel explores the premise that life goes on after Social Security as does dating and intimacy. Children, even when they are fully grown, pose headaches for their parents. Death is a frequent visitor; the inevitable is always at the next sunrise. These women cope with humor and love. All of this, and more, becomes a way of life and they learn to manage and to survive with the hands they are dealt. We view their heartbreaks, their joys, their good days and bad, and their intense loyalty to one ather. The strength of WOMEN OF A CERTAIN AGE lies in its honest dialogue, realistic situations, and its portrayal of what occurs with the graying of senior women. We learn to love these people, flaws and all, as we begin to understand that they are all a reflection of ourselves and that one day, if we are lucky, we will walk in their shoes.
- Author(s)Bob and Rosalie Freeman
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.