All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking your living from the land in Australia is t for the faint-hearted. Isolation, hard physical work, long hours and the vagaries of drought, floods and fire make it a challenging environment for any farmer. But how do you cope when you are a woman in what is traditionally a man's world? Women of the Land brings together the heart-warming stories of eight rural women spread across Australia who run their own farms, capturing their ways of life, their personal struggles and their remarkable achievements. Often juggling the demands of raising a family, they have overcome tragedy, personal fears, physical exhaustion and more than a little scepticism to build vibrant futures that sustain them and their families. Despite their diverse backgrounds, they all share several things in common - genuine humility, a passion for farming, and a deep, spiritual connection to the land which sustains them. This is the inspiring story of eight rural women and their remarkable everyday lives.
- Author BiographyLiz Harfull is the author of Blue Ribbon Cookbook.
- Author(s)Liz Harfull
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date27/02/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.