All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWomen took part in perilous resistance missions during World War II alongside a much larger number of male resistance agents. This book presents the lives of eight women who, at profound risk to themselves, chose to challenge the Third Reich. Hailing from diverse regions of the world the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and North America the women shared privileged backgrounds of financial and social prominence as well as a profound sense of social justice. As to their deeds with the Resistance, they ranged from forging documents and hiding persecuted Jews to orchestrating sabotage operations and crafting a nviolent protest movement within Nazi Germany itself. As could be expected, the costs were great, capture and execution among them, but the women s achievements did succeed in helping to win the war.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Vargo is the author of eight nonfiction books and numerous articles in professional journals. He lives in Hammond, Louisiana.
- Author(s)Marc E. Vargo
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.