Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.00+ postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sooz0102
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Women of the Silk Gail Tsukiyama takes her readers back to rural China in 1926, where a group of women forge a sisterhood amidst the reeling machines that reverberate and clamor in a vast silk factory from dawn to dusk. Leading the first strike the village has ever seen, the young women use the strength of their ambition, dreams, and friendship to achieve the freedom they could never have hoped for on their own. Tsukiyama's graceful prose weaves the details of the silk work and Chinese village life into a story of courage and strength.
- Author BiographyBorn to a Chinese mother and a Japanese father in San Francisco, Gail Tsukiyama now lives in El Cerrito, California. Her novels include Dreaming Water, The Language of Threads, The Samurai's Garden, and Night of Many Dreams.
- Author(s)Gail Tsukiyama
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication16/11/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight309 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement8th
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.