All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionHas women's presence on company boards and in other top management positions improved? And in which countries and types of organization has most progress towards gender parity been made? This book provides an international comparative analysis of the trends and evaluates gender equality policy developments, including those focused on corporate governance, such as the use of gender quotas for board membership. It includes detailed analysis using new data from eight European countries strategically selected because of their different policy frameworks and trajectories with regard to welfare, employment and promoting gender equality: Norway, Sweden, Finland, the UK, France, Spain, Hungary and Slovenia. Developments in women's presence in top management jobs are considered in relation to the broader gender structuring of the labour market and political life. Policy debates and developments to redress women's under-representation in this arena are examined and evaluated and theoretically informed explanations are advanced, which emphasize the influence of national institutional settings and policy regimes, over and above market forces, even at this elite level of the employment hierarchy.
- Author BiographyCOLETTE FAGAN Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of the European Work and Employment Research Centre, University of Manchester UK. She advises the European Commission on gender equality policy as a member of its academic Expert Group on Gender and Employment [EGGE]. MARIA GONZALEZ MENENDEZ Senior Lecturer of Sociology at the University of Oviedo, Spain. She has published research in the areas of workers' participation, flexible work practices and human resource management. SILVIA GOMEZ-ANSON Associate Professor of Finance and Accountancy, University of Oviedo, Spain. She has published research in the areas of corporate finance and governance, family firms and privatizations.
- Author(s)Colette Fagan,Maria Gonzalez Menendez,Silvia Gomez Anson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWork and Welfare in Europe
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note66 black & white tables, 27 figures
- Weight507 g
- Width144 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byColette Fagan,Maria Gonzalez Menendez,Silvia Gomez Anson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.