All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the caring work in our society is done by women. This work is often hidden in the roles of mothers, daughters, and wives and is undervalued outside the home as women work in the community as volunteers, in the 'caring' professions, and in low-wage jobs in hospitals, child-care centres, and homemaking services. In this second edition of Women's Caring, a ground-breaking feminist perspective on social welfare in Canada, the editors and their contributors have added three new chapters-on women of colour, women abused in intimate relationships, and Canada's live-in caregiver policy. As well, the entire book has been widely updated and revised to reflect the changed legal, political, and policy contexts and the growing literature on the formal paid and informal unpaid caring work that women perform.
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication08/07/1999
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Content Noteindex
- Weight325 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCarol Baines,Patricia M. Evans,Sheila M. Neysmith,etc.
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.