All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionA book about life and the stories we tell. Women's Obsession with Shoes is a collection of twenty-one stories from real women about life through a pair of shoes. The stories range from a lost pair of moccasins at a Pow Wow to a six-foot woman making a claim on a man's chest in stiletto boots. They will take you to China where laughter is carried cross-culturally and back to America in a 1970's sticky situation. Every story is told in the woman's voice as if you were sitting next to her while she told the story. Some of the stories will spark memories while others will be entertaining in their own way.
- Author BiographyRiver is a poet and artist living in the St Croix Valley of Minnesota with her daughter Willow and her boyfriend Tommy. River has the heart of a poet and the eyes of an artist. She sees the world through a lens of creation filtered through imagination. Her poetic writings and artistic touches reflect her Ojibwe and Celtic heritages along with her ponderings being a thirty something American mother. individual poets. River is a member of the Mulberry Street Poets in Stillwater and the TGI Frybread poetry group in Minneapolis. She has been published in various journals online and is a contributor in the Poets United Anthology, Thoughts That Breathe. River's first publication, Stumbled & Standing: From Diagnosis to Acceptance, is a collection of poetry and essay focused on life with Multiple Sclerosis. My second publication, Womens Obsession with Shoes: Real Stories Straight from the Sole, is a creative nonfiction of memoirs by women about the stories they tell and a pair of shoes. In June of 2011, River founded an art and literary Journal online called The River Journal known today as The River Muse.
- Author(s)River Maria Urke
- PublisherTwowolvz Creations
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwowolvz Creations
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.