All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionConsumer magazines aimed at women are as diverse as the market they serve. Some are targeted to particular age groups, while others are marketed to different socioecomic groups. These magazines are a reflection of the needs and interests of women and the place of women in American society. Changes in these magazines mirror the changing interests of women, the increased purchasing power of women, and the willingness of advertisers and publishers to reach a female audience. This reference book is a guide to women's consumer magazines published in the United States. Included are profiles of 75 magazines read chiefly by women. Each profile discusses the publication history and social context of the magazine and includes bibliographical references and a summary of publication statistics. Some of the magazines included started in the 19th century and are longer published. Others have been available for more than a century, while some originated in the last decade. An introductory chapter discusses the history of U.S. consumer women's magazines, and a chrology charts their growth from 1784 to the present.
- Author BiographyKATHLEEN L. ENDRES is an Associate Professor in the School of Communication at the University of Akron. She is the editor of Trade, Industrial, and Professional Periodicals of the United States (Greenwood Press, 1994) and has published in Journalism Quarterly, Journalism History, Journalism Educator, and other journals. THERESE L. LUECK is an Associate Professor in the School of Communication at the University of Akron. She has extensive experience as a newspaper columnist, copyeditor, and freelance writer. She has published in Journalism Educator and other journals.
- Author(s)Kathleen L. Endres,Therese L. Lueck
- Date of Publication24/07/1995
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleHistorical Guides to the World's Periodicals & Newspapers
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight942 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.