All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionWomen's Studies: The Basics is an accessible introduction into the ever expanding and increasingly relevant field of studies focused on women. Tracing the history of the discipline from its origins, this text sets out the main agendas of women's studies and feminism, exploring the global development of the subject over time, and highlighting its relevance in the contemporary world. Reflecting the diversity of the field, core themes include: * the interdisciplinary nature of women's studies * core feminist theories and the feminist agenda * issues of intersectionality: women, race, class and gender * women, sexuality and the body * global perspectives on the study of women * the relationship between women's studies and gender studies. Providing a firm foundation for all those new to the subject, this book is valuable reading for undergraduates and postgraduates majoring in women's studies and gender studies, and all those in related disciplines seeking a helpful overview for women-centred, subject specific courses.
- Author BiographyBonnie G. Smith is Board of Governors Professor of History and Women's Studies at Rutgers University, USA. She has published widely on the subjects of women's studies, women's history, and gender.
- Author(s)Bonnie G. Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.