All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores how women in the fields of rhetoric and composition have succeeded, despite the challenges inherent in the circumstances of their work. Focusing on those women generally viewed as successful in rhetoric and composition, this volume relates their stories of successes (and failures) to serve as models for other women in the profession who aspire to make it, too: to succeed as women academics in a sea of gender and disciplinary bias and to have a life, as well. Building on the gains made by several generations of rhetoric and composition scholars, this volume provides strategies for a newer generation of scholars entering the field and, in so doing, broadens the support base for women in the field by connecting them with a greater web of women in the profession. Offering frank discussion of professional and personal struggles as well as providing reference materials addressing these concerns, solid career advice, and inspirational narratives told by women who have made it in the field of rhetoric and composition, this work highlights such common concerns as: * dealing with sexism in the tenure and promotion process, * maintaining a balance between career and family, * struggling for scholarly and/or administrative respect, * mentoring junior women, * finding one's voice in scholarship, and * struggling to say to unrewarded service work The profiles of individual successful women describe each woman's methods for success, examine the price each has paid for that success, and pass along the advice each has to offer other women who are beginning a career in the field or attempting to jumpstart an existing career. With resources and general advice for women in the field of rhetoric and composition to guide them through their careers-as they become, survive, and thrive as professionals in the discipline - this book is must-have reading for every woman making her career in the rhetoric and composition fields.
- Author BiographyMichelle Ballif (PhD University of Texas at Arlington) is associate professor of English at the University of Georgia. D. Diane Davis (PhD University of Texas at Arlington) is associate professor of rhetoric and English at the University of Texas at Austin. Roxanne Mountford (PhD Ohio State University) is associate professor of English at the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)D. Diane Davis,Michelle Ballif,Roxanne Mountford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.