Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wonders of Africa provides a generous overview of the wealth of African art held in Italian collections. Works are examined under four themed chapters: Collections, Masks, Fetishes and Invisibles (i.e. representations of folkloric creatures such as bush spirits). The volume brings a particular awareness of the migration of objects to bear upon this overview, highlighting the history of Italian collecting of African art, and the flow of African art into Italy--particularly Gea--from the sixteenth century onward. Underwriting this historical emphasis is of course the politics of this migration, and the construction of Africa in the European imagination, which this volume addresses in several essays by leading scholars in the field. Most of the works reproduced in The Wonders of Africa have never been exhibited or published.
- Author(s)Ivan Bargna,et al.
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- LanguageEnglish and Italian
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note330 col ills
- Weight1315 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.