All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough North America suffers through several dreary months of winter each year, this guide describes trees and shrubs that make the barren winter landscape a wonderland of texture and color. Part one of the book conveys the elegance of deciduous trees and shrubs with an extreme attention to detail--Persian parrotia offers twisted, sinuous branches and exfoliating bark; witch hazel presents distinctive yellow and orange straplike flowers; and beautyberry produces vivid purple berries the birds cant resist. A shorter second section discusses the virtues of evergreens, both broadleaf and coniferous, and includes two useful appendices that cover evergreen care and list deer-resistant trees and shrubs.
- Author BiographyVincent A. Simeone is a horticulturist who teaches gardening classes and has assisted in garden tours in Canada, England, France, Germany, New Zealand, and South Africa. He is the manager of Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay, New York. Bruce Curtis has chronicled many of the significant events of the last decades of the 20th century as a photographer for LIFE, Sports Illustrated, and Time. He lives in Albertson, New York.
- Author(s)Vincent A. Simeone
- PublisherBall Publishing
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- Place of PublicationSt Charles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBall Publishing
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight548 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byBruce Curtis
- Foreword byBoyce Tankersly
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.