All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWood bending is intriguing to the vast majority of woodworkers, but until w most have t had access to the information they need to add it to their repertoire. This highly visual book and DVD changes that. It features step-by-step instruction on some of the most common techniques. Expert Lon Schleining explains and demonstrates both steam bending (where steam relaxes wood fibres so they can be shaped when clamped to a bending form) and bent lamination (where thin strips of wood are glued together, then clamped to a bending form). Schleining shows just how easy it can be to master these techniques, even using relatively low-tech equipment.
- Author BiographyLon Schleining has written extensively on tool and shop-related subjects for Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding. A licensed contractor, he builds custom staircases. He is also the author of Treasure Chests (9781561586516) and The Workbench.
- Author(s)Lon Schleining
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Content Notefull colour throughout, 25 b/w illustrations, 315 photographs
- Weight494 g
- Width234 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.