Wood Heat: A Practical Guide to Heating Your Home With Wood by Andrew Jones (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWood Heat is a comprehensive and practical homeowner's guide to using wood as a reliable source of heat with the latest wood stoves and traditional !replaces. The book explores the efficiency of wood compared to other fuels, the environmental impacts of various fuel types as well as sustainability issues that have led to so many adopting a wood-burning lifestyle. Heating with wood does more than keep a house warm. Though it can be a hands-on expression of self-reliance, it does bring us closer to the land by using fuel that is renewable and sustainably harvested, and renews our wonder in the cycle of the seasons. And the biggest benefit is that wood heat saves money in the long run. There are four ways that wood can be used to heat a home or cottage: wood stoves (the most popular), fireplace inserts, pellet stoves and masonry heaters. Wood Heat explains the pros and cons of each. The book provides all of the information and advice needed to convert to a wood-heated life. How-to topics include step by step directions. They include: The comparative advantages of heating with wood; Buying, cutting, splitting, stacking, storing and moving firewood; Building the perfect woodpile; Varieties of wood and their burning characteristics; The latest techlogy for burning wood efficiently and cleanly; Energy content of wood varieties per air-dried cord (BTUs); Catalytic and n-catalytic stoves; Cooking with a wood stove; How to make a good fire; Essential hearth and fireplace tools; Sizing wood-burning appliances; A chimney maintenance checklist. Currently, an increasing number of British and Irish households use wood as their main heating fuel or to supplement other forms of heating. Unstable, increasing fuel costs and the desire of many people to move toward self-sufficiency will only increase the numbers of those choosing to burn wood for heat. Wood Heat is the ideal guide for all.
- Author BiographyAs an editor for St. Remy Press and Reader's Digest, Andrew Jones has worked on a wide variety of books, from Time-Life's Art of Woodworking series to several editions of The Top 10 of Everything.
- Author(s)Andrew Jones
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour photos and illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.