Wood in the Landscape: A Practical Guide to Specification and Design by Daniel M. Winterbottom (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe only comprehensive guide to wood specifically for landscape architects. Wood, with its unique warmth and richness, takes us back to the roots of our building heritage and back to the landscape. Lightweight, simple, and clean to work with, it is one of the most versatile building materials, and-thanks in part to its natural origin-one that is also especially well-suited to the designed landscape. Wood in the Landscape gives you the information you need to exploit wood's full potential in your design work. The first comprehensive guide to the properties, use, selection, and installation of woodwritten from the landscape architect's perspective, it is destined to become a staple in your practice. Wood in the Landscape provides full, detailed coverage of all relevant technical aspects of working with wood-including the physical properties and characteristics of wood as well as finishes, fasteners, and adhesives. It examines the construction methodologies used to build a range of common structures, from fences and decking to gazebos and bridges, and shows how to avoid common problems that can adversely affect durability - particularly important when it comes to outdoor settings. Generously supplemented with over 100 photographs and illustrations, Wood in the Landscape is a terrific source of ideas that will inspire you to explore the many exciting possibilities for using wood to enhance your landscape designs. Wood in the Landscape is an invaluable resource for landscape architects, landscape designers, and architects who provide site-planning services.
- Author BiographyDANIEL M. WINTERBOTTOM leads a design practice, Winterbottom Design, and is Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at the University of Washington-Seattle, where he developed a design/build curriculum to design and implement landscape projects for marginalized communities in the United States and Mexico. He is actively involved in developing cultural and art installations for the city of Seattle. His research interests include design/technology, urban design, community design, and cultural expression and preservation in the built environment.
- Author(s)Daniel M. Winterbottom
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2000
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleMaterial in Landscape Architecture and Site Design
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width204 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.