Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $53.94
About this product
- DescriptionWoody loves music, but can't play an instrument - as his family's reactions make clear! Will he find his true talent? The College Collection centres around five main characters, Luca, Anda, Jim Jam, Woody and Nolan. They are from different backgrounds and first meet at Parkfield College, where they are studying for a BTEC in Media Studies. They quickly become friends. The College Collection follows them through their time at Parkfield College and the adventures and adversities they experience there. Above all they work hard, have fun and their friendship shines through. The subliminal messages of overcoming failure, of acceptance and support run through all the texts, alongside messages of resilience and perseverance. In each of the first five books in this set we meet a different character, and learn about their personalities, backgrounds and what they did before they arrived at Parkfield College. In Art Attack, they are thrown into a project together, which takes them on a surprising and challenging adventure.This first set of six books in the reading scheme, The College Collection, is designed to support and extend the acquisition of reading skills, and the enjoyment of reading, through exciting stories and relatable characters. The books reinforce high frequency words and the core phonic skills needed to access basic reading levels.Each set provides stories which bridge the gap between base level schemes and longer, more challenging texts. They are suitable for readers who still need a formatted reading scheme and are t yet ready to go onto free readers, but who still want interesting, engaging, real-life books. They are flexible, so matter what other schemes you may be using, these books stand alone, enhancing and extending any reading experience. The books provide developing readers with age-appropriate material designed to boost competence and confidence, engaging the reader and encouraging reading for pleasure. The books are also useful for reluctant readers or where the acquisition of reading skills has been identified as a problem.They have been specifically designed to consolidate young readers' skills and to improve the confidence of older readers who are still acquiring and developing reading skills.
- Author BiographyGeorgina Jonas - the pen name for the collective talent and expertise of one full-time teacher, who has also been a children's storyteller, and one former headmistress who currently tutors and leads workshops to show parents the best way to help their children with maths and English.
- Author(s)Georgina Jonas
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCamarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Weight45 g
- Width118 mm
- Height167 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.