All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- Description<b>Yes, it s true: you <i>can </i>learn how to be a verbal wizard!</b> Ever hear someone utter an unforgettable phrase and feel yourself reacting with with well, <i>awe? </i>Ever read a great quote and think <i>I could never come up with anything that clever</i>? Daunting as it may seem, there s thing mystical about witcraft. Crafting memorable lines<i> doesn t </i>require DNA-encoded brilliance. What it <i>does </i>require is some kwledge of the tricks and techniques that make words stick. In <i>Word Hero, </i>Jay Heinrichs rescues the how-to of verbal artistry from cobwebbed textbooks and makes it entirely fresh even a little mischievous. Fear t: on offer here are t dry, abstract ideas couched in academic jargon. Rather, Heinrichs takes you on an amusing and amazingly <i>helpful </i> tour of the mechanisms that make powerful language work. You ll learn how to slyly plant your words in people s heads and draw indelible verbal pictures by employing such tools as crashing symbols, rapid repeaters, Russian Dolls and even the powers of Mr. Potato Head. With those tools and others tucked in your utility belt, you might t immediately achieve wordsmith immortality but you <i>will </i>become a better speaker, writer, and raconteur and long after people have forgotten everything else, they ll remember <i>your </i>priceless lines.
- Author BiographyJAY HEINRICHS has spent more than 25 years in publishing as a magazine writer, editor, and executive. His previous book on language, <i>Thank You for Arguing</i>, has sold more than 100,000 copies.
- Author(s)Jay Heinrichs
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.