All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Descriptionwith a preface by George Miller WordNet, an electronic lexical database, is considered to be the most important resource available to researchers in computational linguistics, text analysis, and many related areas. Its design is inspired by current psycholinguistic and computational theories of human lexical memory. English uns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs are organized into synym sets, each representing one underlying lexicalized concept. Different relations link the synym sets.The purpose of this volume is twofold. First, it discusses the design of WordNet and the theoretical motivations behind it. Second, it provides a survey of representative applications, including word sense identification, information retrieval, selectional preferences of verbs, and lexical chains.Contributors : Reem Al-Halimi, Robert C. Berwick, J. F. M. Burg, Martin Chodorow, Christiane Fellbaum, Joachim Grabowski, Sanda Harabagiu, Marti A. Hearst, Graeme Hirst, Douglas A. Jones, Rick Kazman, Karen T. Kohl, Shari Landes, Claudia Leacock, George A. Miller, Katherine J. Miller, Dan Moldovan, Naoyuki Nomura, Uta Priss, Philip Resnik, David St-Onge, Randee Tengi, Reind P. van de Riet, Ellen Voorhees.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/1998
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleLanguage, Speech and Communication
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note87
- Weight1044 g
- Width140 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byChristiane Fellbaum
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.