CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionMorency's subtlety of language gives us a heightened sense of the everyday that tells us something about our humanity. By focussing on the reality of familiar things, he reveals how we are constantly being reborn in different ways. In every word and every phrase nature is present in Words that Walk in the Night - even in the city. But Morency's poetry is never a restricted view of city or nature. He shows us that just as we can inhabit a landscape, we can also inhabit poetry. Words that Walk in the Night is a translation of Les Paroles qui marchent dans la nuit , published by editions du Boreale (1994).
- Author BiographyPierre Morency is one of Quebec's most honored writers. He is the recipient of the Prix Ludger-Duvernay (1991), Prix France-Qu+bec (1992), and the prestigious Prix Athanase-David (2000). In 1993, France made him a Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. Lissa Cowan is a translator and writer. She works as a publication coordinator and non-fiction writer in Vancouver, British Columbia. Ren+ Brisebois recently participated in the Canadian Encyclopedia of Writing project (University of Toronto Press) as a researcher and writer. He teaches French and is a research assistant at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Pierre Morency
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byLissa Cowan,Rene Brisebois
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.