All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the most thorough view available on this new and intriguing dimension of workplace psychology, which is the basis of fulfilling, productive work. The book begins by defining work engagement, which has been described as 'an opposite to burut,' following its development into a more complex concept with far reaching implications for work-life. The chapters discuss the sources of work engagement, emphasizing the importance of leadership, organizational structures, and human resource management as factors that may operate to either enhance or inhibit employee's experience of work. The book considers the implications of work engagement for both the individual employee and the organization as a whole. To address readers' practical questions, the book provides in-depth coverage of interventions that can enhance employees' work engagement and improve management techniques. Based upon the most up-to-date research by the foremost experts in the world, this volume brings together the best kwledge available on work engagement, and will be of great use to academic researchers, upper level students of work and organizational psychology as well as management consultants.
- Author BiographyArnold B. Bakker is full professor at the Department of Work and Organizational Psychology at Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. His research interests include positive organizational behavior (e.g., flow and engagement at work, performance), burnout, crossover of work-related emotions, and serious games on organizational phenomena. Michael P. Leiter is Canada Research Chair in Organizational Health and Professor of Psychology at Acadia University and Director of the Center for Organizational Research & Development that applies high quality research methods to human resource issues. He is actively involved as a consultant on occupational issues in Canada, the USA, and Europe.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight430 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byArnold B. Bakker,Michael P. Leiter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.