All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA proven therapeutic method that channels workplace anxiety into powerful, confident performance Millions of people are afraid of work. The situations they fear may be different-public speaking (e.g., presentations and speeches), meetings, conference calls, new assignments, performance reviews, promotions or praise, client consultations, team projects, and so on. But the feeling is often the same: some combination of obsessive worry, fear of being ticeably nervous, clammy hands, racing thoughts, sweating, blushing, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, and more. That feeling is called workplace anxiety. And Work Makes Me Nervous is the cure. An effective self-empowerment training program, Work Makes Me Nervous lays out a proven therapeutic method for dismantling the wall between you and your ability to excel at work. The program trains you to: * Channel workplace anxiety into powerful performance * Identify anxiety symptoms and pinpoint where fears originate * Achieve a High Performance Mind through a technique called Mind States Balance * Abandon fear and ride the wave of adrenaline through every work situation Filled with real stories of real people and a 21-day developmental program of practical exercises and effective stress-management techniques, Work Makes Me Nervous will enable you to finally say, I can handle whatever situations come my way.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN BERENT, L.C.S.W., is a medically trained professional business performance consultant and the founder of Berent Associates. For over thirty years, Jonathan has pioneered psychotherapy for social anxiety and related problems. He is certified in clinical social work by New York State and as a biofeedback therapist by the Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. Jonathan has worked with over 10,000 people as well as corporate clients such as NBC, Bloomingdale s and the united Federation of Teachers. AMY LEMLEY is a freelance marketing copywriter and Web content specialist as well as a senior editor at the University of Virginia s Darden School of Business. In addition to her business perspective, Amy provides powerful insight into workplace anxiety, having experienced it herself and conquered it by following Jonathan s program.
- Author(s)Amy Lemley,Jonathan Berent
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.