All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Centuries of Workbench Wisdom in One Book! With this book, your very first workbench will do everything you need it to do-possibly for the rest of your woodworking career! Encompassing years of historical research and real-world trials, Christopher Schwarz boils down centuries of the history and engineering of workbenches into basic ideas that all woodworkers can use. * Learn how to design your own world-class workbench * Learn the fundamental rules of good workbench design that have been largely forgotten * Learn how to build an inexpensive and practical bench that hasn't been in widespread use for over 100 years * Learn how to properly use any workbench These old-school benches are simpler than modern benches, easier to build and perfect for both power and hand tools. Beginning woodworkers can build either of these benches. The technical drawings are clear and show every detail. Using the step-by-step instructions, you will be amazed at how easily these workbenches can be constructed.
- Author BiographyChristopher Schwarz is the editor of Popular Woodworking and Woodworking Magazine and is a long-time amateur furniture-maker and hand-tool enthusiast. Chris joined the staff of Popular Woodworking in 1996. He teaches handwork at various woodworking schools.
- Author(s)Christopher Schwarz
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBetterway Books
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content Note150 b/w illustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mtnxlx31 Oct, 2013by
Spot on a real Craftsmen has writtern a real good book.........
Hi guys I purchased a copy of Workbenches by Christopher Schwartz.I have built a quite a few benches over the years but they were all from my own imagination all work well and are used daily. I wanted to build a bench from a plan something that looks as good as the Roubo.It has always been at the top of my list.I also wanted to build a Roubo so I could teach my son how to build a useful piece that will stand the test of time and will one day be his.My Roubo project is on the way and I will be spending a lot more time with my Son over this Summer,In the work shop of course.Good luck to anyone who dares to have a go.Its all about the passion and a piece to be proud of.All the best Vaughn Grech.