Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionDespite decades as the official 'ruling class,' labor has become a marginal social and political actor throughout Eastern Europe in the postcommunist era. Through a broad array of case studies, including such under-studied countries as Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Ukraine, the contributors provide the first detailed exploration of every facet of labor in the region. Examining the causes, extent, significance, and political implications of union weakness, the volume assesses the impact of labor debility on the consolidation of democracy in the region.
- Author BiographyStephen Crowley is associate professor of politics, Oberlin College. David Ost is professor of political science, Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/09/2001
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid Ost,Stephen Crowley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.