All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionFor human resource professionals, labor law specialists, and others involved in the practice of labor-management relations, Lencsis provides a concise, easily-accessed description of the workers compensation system in the United States, its governing laws and also its insurance aspects. Covering all major facets of workers compensation legislation and the insurance and risk management techniques used to comply with them, his book will have equal benefits for the staffs of insurance companies and brokerages, compensation and claims professionals, and for workers compensation executives in governmental agencies. Lencsis explains that workers compensation laws were enacted on the federal and state levels in the early part of the century and have endured in the same basic form to the present. They represent a radical departure from common law concepts of negligence and damages in that they provide for statutory medical and wage-loss benefits regardless of who is at fault. Lencsis explores how insurance mechanisms in the public and private sectors are used to fund benefits and to make their delivery as secure and certain as possible. He also tes that workers compensation insurance is a major part of the property-casualty insurance business, and as such has recently become one of its most profitable areas. Lencsis' book helps readers to understand these concepts and to work with them in the day-to-day conduct of their business.
- Author BiographyPETER M. LENCSIS is an attorney in private practice in New York City. Formerly Vice President and General Counsel of Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company and Senior Staff Counsel to the National Council on Compensation Insurance, he has contributed to legal treatises in his field and serves as an adjunct professor at the College of Insurance, New York City. His first book, Insurance Regulation in the United States, was published by Quorum in 1997.
- Author(s)Peter M. Lencsis
- Date of Publication25/06/1998
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight458 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.