All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of business processes has emerged as a highly effective approach to coordinating an organization's complex service- and kwledge-based activities. The growing field of business process management (BPM) focuses on methods and tools for designing, enacting, and analyzing business processes. This volume offers a definitive guide to the use of patterns, which synthesize the wide range of approaches to modeling business processes. It provides a unique and comprehensive introduction to the well-kwn workflow patterns collection -- recurrent, generic constructs describing common business process modeling and execution scenarios, presented in the form of problem-solution dialectics. The underlying principles of the patterns approach ensure that they are independent of any specific enabling techlogy, representational formalism, or modeling approach, and thus broadly applicable across the business process modeling and business process techlogy domains. The authors, drawing on extensive research done by the Workflow Patterns Initiative, offer a detailed introduction to the fundamentals of business process modeling and management; describe three major pattern catalogs, presented from control-flow, data, and resource perspectives; and survey related BPM patterns. The book, a companion to the authoritative Workflow Patterns website, will be an essential resource for both academics and practitioners working in business process modeling and business process management.
- Author BiographyNick Russell is Principal Research Fellow at Queensland University of Technology. Wil van der Aalst is Distinguished University Professor at Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. He is the coauthor of Workflow Management: Models, Methods, and Systems and Modeling Business Processes: A Petri Net-Oriented Approach (both published by the MIT Press). Arthur ter Hofstede is Professor in the Information Systems School at Queensland University.
- Author(s)Arthur H. M. ter Hofstede,Nick Russell,Wil M. P. Van der Aalst
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInformation Systems
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note159 b&w illus.
- Weight862 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.