All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe rules of the game have changed and you have to have a sense of business in order to survive. The good news is, it's a lot easier than you think. This book is for anyone in the performing arts: from actors to designers, musicians to dancers, technicians to directors; anyone who is in search of artistic and career fulfillment. A New Perspective: What separates the truly successful from everyone else? Why do truly talented people seem to get pushed to the side? The secret lies in your thinking. Once you change your thinking, success comes to you. A New Approach: If you do what everyone else is doing, should you expect a different result? Of course t! To make a living doing what you love, you have to go against the grain. This book is step one. A New Definition: This is a guide to help you define your own success, matter what level of the entertainment business you are on. You'll learn that everything you once considered concrete is subjective and that you are the one who gets to make the rules.
- Author BiographyTyler Griffin has challenged the way thousands of people think about show business. With his experience directing for several multi-billion dollar companies, opening for A-list musicians, and teaching around the world, Tyler has defied conventional wisdom earning a reputation for straight talk, motivation, and determination. He's well known as a passionate champion of business education for artists. As a music director and composer, Tyler has created and directed shows for major entertainment companies around the world. His years of experience vary from theatre, cruise lines, theme parks, resorts, and casinos. From music directing opening acts for A-List musicians such as Maroon 5 and Jimmy Buffett, to creating and casting shows for some of the most popular theme parks and resorts in the world, he has solidified his position as one of the industries most sought after talents. Through his company, The Starving Artist Company, he hopes to expand the knowledge of today's artists with necessary business skills to help on their journey to career and artistic fulfillment.
- Author(s)Tyler Griffin
- PublisherStarving Artist Company, Ltd. Liability Co.
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStarving Artist Company, Ltd. Liability Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.