All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $32.74
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $38.88
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $74.62
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
About this product
- DescriptionWorking Guide to Drilling Equipment and Operations offers a practical guide to drilling techlogies and procedures. The book begins by introducing basic concepts such as the functions of drilling muds; types of drilling fluids; testing of drilling systems; and completion and workover fluids. This is followed by discussions of the composition of the drill string; air and gas drilling operations; and directional drilling. The book identifies the factors that should be considered for optimized drilling operations: health, safety, and environment; production capability; and drilling implementation. It explains how to control well pressure. It details the process of fishing, i.e. removal of a fish (part of the drill string that separates from the upper remaining portion of the drill string) or junk (small items of n-drillable metals) from the borehole. The remaining chapters cover the different types of casing and casing string design; well cementing; the proper design of tubing; and the environmental aspects of drilling.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Lyons, Ph.D., P.E. (retired), holds nine patents in industrial drilling and has been responsible for the development of several important innovations in drilling and production technology. He is the lead Editor of the Standard Handbook of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, 3rd edition, publishing with Elsevier and co-author of several other professional books in drilling and production engineering for the petroleum industry. Dr. Lyons was a Professor in Petroleum Engineering and in Mechanical Engineering at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology for 30 years. He also served two one-year tours as a Distinguished Visiting Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs during his academic career. Since retiring from teaching, Dr. Lyons is currently a Technical Learning Advisor with Chevron's Clear Leader Center in Houston, TX.
- Author(s)William C. Lyons
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteApprox. 224 illustrations
- Weight960 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.