All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Task Analysis (CTA) helps researchers understand how cognitive skills and strategies make it possible for people to act effectively and get things done. CTA can yield information people need -- employers faced with personnel issues, market researchers who want to understand the thought processes of consumers, trainers and others who design instructional systems, health care professionals who want to apply lessons learned from errors and accidents, systems analysts developing user specifications, and many other professionals. CTA can show what makes the workplace work -- and what keeps it from working as well as it might. Working Minds is a true handbook, offering a set of tools for doing CTA: methods for collecting data about cognitive processes and events, analyzing them, and communicating them effectively. It covers both the why and the how of CTA methods, providing examples, guidance, and stories from the authors' own experiences as CTA practitioners. Because effective use of CTA depends on some conceptual grounding in cognitive theory and research -- on kwing what a cognitive perspective can offer -- the book also offers an overview of current research on cognition. The book provides detailed guidance for planning and carrying out CTA, with chapters on capturing kwledge and capturing the way people reason. It discusses studying cognition in real-world settings and the challenges of rapidly changing techlogy. And it describes key issues in applying CTA findings in a variety of fields. Working Minds makes the methodology of CTA accessible and the skills involved attainable.
- Author BiographyBeth Crandall is Senior Technical Director of the Klein Associates Division, Applied Research Associates.
- Author(s)Beth Crandall,Gary A. Klein,Robert R. Hoffman
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBradford Books
- Content Note26 illus.
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.