All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are living in the age of imagination and communication. This book, about the new ways time is experienced and organised in post-industrial workplaces, argues that the key feature of working time within kwledge, and other workplaces, is unpredictability, creating a culture that seeks to insert acceptance of unpredictability as a new 'standard'.
- Author BiographyAileen O'Carroll is Manager of the Irish Qualitative Data Archive which is based at National University of Ireland Maynooth (NUIM), Ireland. At NUIM she is also attached to the Life History and Social Change project. Previously she conducted research on the experience of women IT workers at the Employment Research Center in Trinity College Dublin, and on the oral history of dock workers in Dublin while based in the Social Science Research Centre in University College Dublin.
- Author(s)Aileen O'Carroll
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.