All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at new recruits or HE students thinking about a career in policing, this book provides a clear overview of and insight into the many and varied roles available. From a neighbourhood police officer or a detective, to a crime scene investigator gathering evidence or an analyst collating intelligence, the book examines what each role entails, the skills required, and the best pathway to securing the job. An extended case study runs through the book, demonstrating how the different roles are involved in and contribute to a single investigation, and self-assessment questions relating to each role check the reader's understanding.
- Author BiographyIan K. Pepper is the Principal Lecturer in Policing and Business Engagement at the University of Teesside, UK. Ian manages and teaches on a range of educational programmes in partnership with numerous law enforcement organisations. He is a former Senior Lecturer in Crime Scene and Forensic Science, police crime scene investigator (CSI) and fingerprint officer. Ian has been an instructor and team leader at the National Training Centre for Scientific Support to Crime Investigation and has designed and delivered training to Crime Scene Investigators and Police Officers worldwide. He is a member of the International Association for Identification and the Fingerprint Society.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitlePolicing Matters Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight353 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byIan K. Pepper
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.