CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBaca passionately explores the troubled years of his youth, from which he emerged with heightened awareness of his ethnic identify as a Chica, his role as a witness for the misunderstood tribal life of the barrio, and his redemptive vocation as a poet.
- Author BiographyJimmy Santiago Baca was raised in an orphanage and took to the streets at age 11, after which this amazing young Chicano taught himself to read and write. He has earned much acclaim for his work and now lives in Albuquerque, NM. He is the recipient of numerous awards including the American Book Award for poetry in 1988 and the National Endowment for the Arts Hispanic Heritage Award in 1989.
- Author(s)Jimmy Santiago Baca
- PublisherMuseum of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Mexico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseum of New Mexico Press
- Out-of-print date20/07/2016
- Content Note5 drawings
- Weight298 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.