All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSince the mid-1980s, the development of competitive strategies based on intensive invation has deeply transformed the design of new products and services. Much has been written about new methods and organizations that are likely to develop ecomically competitive and creative capacities in companies. But much less has been written about transformation of work and identity of professionals involved in these transitions : engineers, industrial designers, researchers, professionals in marketing strategy and especially project managers. The work of invation professionals is truly difficult to observe because of its very nature (intangible work done over a long period of time), its inaccessibility, and its status. The purpose of this book is to put forward a number of keys for understanding the ongoing dynamics for working professionals in the field of invation. Examining reorganizations in both large-scale firms and start-ups, the authors explore diverse sectors such as hi-tech, consumer goods and equipment, chemistry, aeronautics as well as upstream companies working for subsidiaries and traditional small-scale production such. The result is to show a world of networks where a large-scale firm undertakes research in partnership with a start-up, develops its products with independent designers and involves upstream suppliers in its developments. Also analyzed are the industrial strategies, the organizational conditions of product conception, and the dynamics of the professional identities of the actors who are at the core of these transformations. This impressive and unique volume will be of interest to all those interested in invation studies, new techlogy policy and management as well as engineers and designers themselves.
- Author BiographyChristophe Midler, Research Director at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique - National centre for scientific research, (CNRS), director of the Ecole Polytechnique's Centre de Recherche en Gestion (CRG-Management Research Center) and Professor chair de Management de l'innovation, Ecole Polytechnique. Guy Minguet, Professor of sociology, Deputy Head for Research of Human and Social Sciences department, Ecole des Mines de Nantes. Monique Vervaeke, Sociologist, Researcher at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Laboratoire Maurice Halbwachs, Ecole Normale superieure, Paris.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristophe Midler,Guy Minguet,Monique Vervaeke
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.