All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionBased on extensive clinical experience, this book provides authoritative guidance and practical tools in a challenging area for child mental health professionals. The authors explain the many possible causes of problem sexual behaviors and demonstrate assessment and treatment procedures that have been shown to work with 4- to 11-year-olds and their families. Four chapter-length case examples illustrate how to integrate elements of cognitive-behavioral therapy, play and expressive therapies, and family-based approaches. Helpful reproducible worksheets and forms can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size.
- Author BiographyEliana Gil, PhD, is founding partner of the Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery and Education, a private group practice in Fairfax, Virginia. She is also Director of Starbright Training Institute for Child and Family Play Therapy. Dr. Gil has worked in the field of child abuse prevention and treatment since 1973. A licensed marriage, family, and child counselor; an approved marriage and family therapy supervisor; a registered art therapist; and a registered play therapy supervisor, she is a former President of the Association for Play Therapy, which honored her with its Lifetime Achievement Award. She is the author of The Healing Power of Play, Helping Abused and Traumatized Children, and Play in Family Therapy, Second Edition, among many other publications. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, Dr. Gil is bilingual and bicultural. Jennifer A. Shaw, PsyD, is a founding partner of the Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery and Education, and has worked in a number of clinical settings and capacities in metropolitan Washington, D.C. She provides individual, family, and group therapy to children and adolescents with sexual behavior problems, depression, anxiety, adjustment problems, and complex trauma. She has been the coordinator of the Boundary Project family-based program in two clinical settings: Childhelp Children's Center of Virginia and the Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery and Education. Dr. Shaw has acquired specialized training and certification in conducting psychosexual risk assessments and treating sexual offending behaviors in adolescents and adults, and is currently working toward certification as a registered play therapist. Dr. Gil and Dr. Shaw are coauthors of A Book for Kids about Private Parts, Touching, Touching Problems, and Other Stuff.
- Author(s)Gil Eliana,Jennifer A. Shaw
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight462 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.