All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionPatterns of family life are changing rapidly and; with them, the role of fathers in parenting. Fatherhood and fathering are an important concern for every practitioner, whether they are working with fathers directly, with children, couples and families, or with individuals discussing their own fathers. Yet fathers are often neglected in research and overlooked in professional practice. This book synthesises existing and original research to provide a wide-ranging overview of the salient theoretical and practical issues inherent in working with fathers. Setting its analysis in a clear context of social and cultural change, the book highlights the importance of keeping fathers in mind at all times in therapeutic work. In particular, it: * Considers the practical challenges of engaging fathers in clinical work * Addresses issues of difference, whether of culture, class or domestic living arrangements * Draws on systemic, narrative and attachment theory to illuminate some of the key issues for practice * Discusses working with fathers from a variety of angles, including mental health issues in men, domestic violence, group work and working with fathers in prisons * Provides vivid and illuminating vignettes to illustrate issues for practice With its strong focus and emphasis on reflective practice, this is an essential book full of thoughtful and accessible guidance for trainees and practitioners in clinical psychology, psychotherapy, family therapy, social work and related fields.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER WALTERS has worked as a psychologist in research and as a clinical psychologist with children and families for over 32 years.
- Author(s)Jennifer Walters
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleBasic Texts in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight261 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.