Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIt has long been established that access to food, clothing, medical care, and housing are fundamental human rights the world over. Helping the approximately 600,000 Americans and 300,000 Canadians who are currently homeless work toward this goal is a complex undertaking. This text presents the fundamental kwledge and skills that frontline workers need in order to help vulnerable and homeless persons. It provides readers with both an understanding of the lived experiences of those who have faced homelessness and an outline of the interprofessional practice context of services for homeless people. Waegemakers Schiff focuses on the interventions and best practices that have been found to be most effective in making connections, establishing helping relationships, and working with individuals on moving toward stabilization. Features* in-depth discussions of the housing first philosophy, trauma-informed care, health, mental health, and substance abuse* exploration of some of the differences between American and Canadian practice situations* journaling activities following every chapter to encourage reflection and critical engagement* central discussion on self-care and avoiding burut
- Author BiographyJeannette Waegemakers Schiff ( MSW, University of Toronto, USA; PhD, Columbia University, USA) is associate professor of social work at the University of Calgary, USA with a background in clinical and organizational services and teaching courses in mental health, addictions, organisational practice, and research. She is a member of the Canadian Homeless Research Network and the steering committee of the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness.
- Author(s)Jeanette Waegemakers Schiff
- PublisherLyceum Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLyceum Books Inc.,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.