All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany social workers are employed in positions where they deal with involuntary clients. These positions are demanding, and require a specific set of skills. The new edition of this successful book provides an accessible and practical guide for managing difficult and sensitive relationships and communicating with reluctant clients. The author directly links theory to real-life by adopting a jargon-free and accessible guide to working in partnership with involuntary clients. Written in a lively and engaging style, the book is relevant across the curriculum and richly illustrated with case examples drawn from a variety of service-user groups, such as work with people with addictions, young people who refuse to go to school and mental health patients who refuse treatment, as well as examples from criminal justice and child protection. The author's integrated and systematic approach promotes prosocial values; emphasizes clarifying roles; and deals with issues of authority and goal-setting. Fully revised and updated throughout to reflect contemporary research and practice, the book includes increased emphasis on risk assessment, cognitive behavioural approaches, including manualised intervention programs, and reflective practice. The result is an invaluable practical guide for social work and social care students and professionals to working with both clients and their families.
- Author BiographyChris Trotter is Professor in the Department of Social Work at Monash University, Australia, and Director of the Monash Criminal Justice Research Consortium.
- Author(s)Chris Trotter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.