Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with Lati Youth offers counselors, teachers, social workers, therapists, and other professionals- matter what their level of experience or cultural background-an accessible and practical guide for working effectively with Lati children and adolescents. This vital resource, which integrates development, culture, and psychological intervention, helps meet the challenge of addressing an array of culturally specific problems such as assimilation, discrimination, scholastic failure, pregnancy, substance abuse, and delinquency. The authors, Joan D. Koss-Chioi and Luis A. Vargas, present a dynamic new model for working with Lati youth that considers the individual within the context of their families, their communities, and their culture. At a time when America and its professionals increasingly need to be responsive to the diversity of cultures, Koss-Chioi and Vargas have authored a comprehensive overview of Lati youth, who are rich in their own diversity. This highly readable book provides a wealth of information and examples about a 'new ethnic majority' to assist practitioners in their approaches t only with Lati children and families, but also with applicability to a variety of cultures through the contextual model these authors describe. -Michael C. Roberts, professor and director, Clinical Child Psychology Program, University of Kansas
- Author BiographyJOAN D. KOSS--CHIOINO is professor of anthropology and women's studies, Arizona State University, and adjunct professor of psychiatry and neurology, Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans. LUIS A. VARGAS is associate professor and director of the Clinical Child Psychology Internship Program, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center.Vargas and Koss--Chioino are coeditors of Working with Culture (Jossey--Bass Publishers, 1992).
- Author(s)Joan D. Koss-Chioino,Luis A. Vargas
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/1999
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.