All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.96
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMental health professionals and affiliated professionals in schools are seeing more and more adolescents who cut and burn themselves, abuse alcohol and drugs, have eating disorders, or who engage in excessive risk taking. Yet the literature on this behavior remains scant. Matthew Selekman provides readers with a comprehensive, highly practical approach to working with this challenging group of clients. Working with Self-Harming Adolescents offers readers effective guidelines for how parents can prevent and constructively manage self-harming episodes, discusses the major aggravating factors that contribute to the development and maintenance of this problem among youth, and offers an integrative and flexible solution-oriented approach for treatment. Ather important feature of this book is the invative, skill-based Stress-Busters' Leadership Group, which can be run in schools or any treatment setting.
- Author BiographyMatthew D. Selekman, MSW, LCSW, is a family therapist in private practice and the co-director of Partners for Collaborative Solutions, an international family therapy training and consulting practice. He is the author of Pathways to Change: Brief Therapy with Difficult Adolescents (Second Edition), Solution-Focused Therapy with Children: Harnessing Family Strengths for Systemic Change, and Family Therapy Approaches with Adolescent Substance Abusers.
- Author(s)Matthew D. Selekman
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight400 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.