Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely volume addresses the urgent need for new strategies and better ways to serve community colleges' present and future students at a time of rapid diversification, t just racially and ethnically, but including such groups as the undocumented, international students, older adult learners and veterans, all of whom come with varied levels of academic and technical skillsThe contributing researchers, higher education faculty, college presidents, and community college administrators provide thorough understanding of student groups who have received scant attention in the higher education literature. They address the often unconscious barriers to access our institutions have erected and describe emerging strategies, frameworks, and pilot projects that can ease students' transition into college and through the maze of the college experience to completion. They offer advice on organizational culture, on defining institutional outcomes, on aligning shifting demographics with the multiple missions of the community college, on strengthening the collaboration of student and academic affairs to leverage their respective roles and resources, and on engaging with the opportunities afforded by techlogy. Divided into three parts - understanding today's community college campuses; supporting today's community college learners; and specialized populations and communities - this book offers a vision and solutions that should inform the work of faculty, administrators, presidents, and board members.
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Edited byEboni M Zamani-Gallaher,Lisa S Kelsay
- Foreword bySusan Salvador
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.