Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWords and images can harmonize to clarify meaning in a variety of texts. This interdisciplinary work presents practitioners, researchers, creative artists, and teachers discussing how we process and develop meaning from words and images. This study is especially important for writers and designers working in electronic communication environments, where the marriage of words and images challenges traditional training. Ranging from theory to practice, chapters examine both cognitive issues and aesthetic concerns. This book explores topics such as:^L^DBLHuman processing of images and text^DBLThe roles of written language in project development in the arts^DBLUses of images and visual thinking by writers^DBLHow the ways in which words and images convey meaning can be both different and complementary^LProfessionals, teachers, and students will be understand more effective uses of text and visual displays, and today's writer or designer will learn to clarify complex ideas by controlling the intersections of words and images.
- Author BiographyNANCY ALLEN is Associate Professor of Written Communication in the English Department at Eastern Michigan University. She teaches courses in professional communication, rhetoric, research methods, and computers and writing. She has published in such journals as Technical Communication Quarterly, Computers and Composition, IEEE, Journal of Computer Documentation, and Journal of Business and Technical Communication and in books on technical communication. She is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board for Computers and Composition.
- Author(s)Nancy Allen
- Date of Publication30/06/2002
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.